Have a first generation iPod nano? Get a new iPod nano in exchange for free.
Apple is replacing first generation iPod nano with new iPod nanos. There was an issue with the first generation overheating, so Apple will replace them for free.
Which iPods qualify?
- Any first generation iPod nano whether you purchased it in 2005-2006 or more recently used.
- It has a black or white plastic front and a silver metal back – later iPod nano models have a metal front and back.
- Go to the Apple iPod Nano replacement page.
- Enter the serial number on the back of your device.
- Fill out shipping information.
- You will be shipped a box to mail in your nano (free shipping). They usually ship it to you in two business days and it should arrive at your house in a week.
- Mail in your nano.
- Get a new current generation nano in the mail 3-6 weeks later.